- New form input types. As you may know, HTML5 introduced some new input types to help developer easy develops a form with varied types. Such as
type='range'and so on.
- Semantic tags. New semantic tags such as
- Local Storage. This is new feature in HTML5 and it's good replacement for cookie which is not secure and contain less data. We have
- Geolocation. This is also a cool feature. You can get location of user who is using the web application.
That's all about HTML5 knowledge that you need to know to answer the exam's question. This summary is for those who already know about HTML. If you are new in HTML, you should go from first step.
- flexbox. This is a new type of
displayCSS property. In the past, you use
inline-blockto display two or more div containers on a row. It helps the work done but it is not perfect. Now we have
flex, this will help us styles easier.
- shadow. This css property also include in the exam. You should take a look on it with the order of the values and what type of value as well such as x, y axis and color. We have
- position. This is also a important property of CSS. Understand it deeply help you are able to control position of elements.
- text-transform. It is quite simple.
- -ms-grid. This is a Microsoft CSS property. It only works on IE or Micosoft Edge. But if you got time, you should find out what is this.
- CSS Selectors. This is an interesting part. You can select element or go through its children and so on. Note that
:nth-childwill start with index is 1.
- Default CSS values. I recommend that you should take a look on it. For example, default of
display:inline. This is a difference of them.
- Order applying CSS into page. We have
userstyles. Understanding the priority of them help us to use the right styles.
You will take most time on it but it will be worth, believe in me.
- Object. What is an object? How to create an object?
- Prototype. What is prototype of object?
- Inherit. It likes C# or Java, a object can inherit from a parent object.
- DOM. If you have started web programming with JQuery, you may no need to know more about DOM because JQuery do it for you. But DOM is a base and it's important. You can go through with DOM Document, Methods, Events and more.
- XMLHttpRequest. Before JQuery, we use pure XHR syntax to make an asynchronous request.
- JQuery Ajax. JQuery Ajax has many options that are useful to work with ajax.
- JQuery Selectors. If you master this you can easily control elements on page. JQuery Selector using CSS Selectors and its own selectors. Note that some selectors treat 0 as first index such as
:oddand some treat 1 as first index
- Regex. It was quite complex to remember all rules of regex as the first time. But it was not complex as I think when I tried to learn it to get understand deeply. I found a tool that help us to test regex and describe what is inside a pattern.
If you study all things I mention above, I think you easy to get PASS for the exam and even you will consolidate your front end knowledge that is important, right? Hopefully you will master all of them and PASS the exam.